Hmm… interesting political posts as of late. We go through the same thing every 4 years. One doesn’t trust the media. Yet from what the media shows them, we classify all of them the same: corrupt and call them clowns. Nobody under the scrutiny will ever be worthy, yourself included. You likely never met the candidate nor know them personally, so it’s hard to say. So do you simply make a choice of no choice? That’s foolish. Use your best judgement with people skills and view their track record. Make an educated decision. Vote. THEN HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE. That simple. Don’t trust any of them? Then you take the task. And watch how you’ll be called corrupt and a clown and we’ll see if you have the grit and courage to push forward. I dare those who choose to not fulfill their duty as a citizen to serve. 👏🏽
Here we go! Another night of the #DemDebate even though I have to admit that the 1st night was much better than the 2nd. It was a bit rough this go round and it wasn’t just because of my lack of sleep.
For this podcast, we tried a completely different format. I wanted to jot down some questions that came up and try to tackle these from this type of approach. That way, you can see (I’ll post down below) the questions and you’ll know what more so is being discussed.
Now, we are still doing this on FaceBook Live, however, we still allow and want others to chime in to add to the conversation in realtime.
As always, let me know what you think ( Terrance.Blount@gmail.com @Terrance_Blount and Jeremy Thompson @ImaHockeyGuy )! Also note Jeremy and I completely disagreed on one of these touchy questions at the very end.
Democratic Debate Questions:
- Debate Night 2
- Who are you top 2 candidates? (Biden and Harris)
- Your surprise person? (Kristen Gillibrand or #YangGang and even Tulsi Gabbard is interesting!)
- Who are the 2 you think won’t be returning? (Staying is Biden, Harris, Booker)
- 911 First responders Health Care
- Are you tired of hearing about Trump?
- Should we intervene on pricing for life-sustaining drugs like insulin?
- Would you be willing to give up your current health plan for Universal care?
- What is up with all this “jail” talk?
- Would decriminalizing border crossing bring an open boarder approach?
- Weren’t the policies the same in the Obama era vs. Trump when it comes to the border?
- Shouldn’t we embrace and try to get other countries to treat their people better vs. saying they are shitty? In other words, would helping them out alleviate the border situation?
- Do you think illegal immigrants should get free medical and free college?
- Did you get the feeling this debate had more to do with yester-year than actual today?
- Do you think economy needs will change, like jobs, and where do you see things going when it comes to a form of socialism?
- How would you balance disruptions created by technology with its beneficial impaction our economy?
- Will finning companies help fix the gender pay gap?
Questions we wanted to ask but didn’t get to:
- Do you think people really went too hard on Biden to lessen his chances of the presidency?
- Why do you think President Trump doesn’t believe in Climate Change?
- Is Andrew Yang not wearing a tie a play?
What….a…night! Now, the first series of debates were meh, however, the first night here was so good in my view. REALLY loved what Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders had to say. The #DemDebate will be interesting moving forward.
As for the purpose of this podcast, we are trying two different formats. Focusing on tonight, we simply wanted to share our thoughts right after the debate. We wanted to just dedicate 1 hour (ended up being closer to 2) to share our immediate thoughts afterwards.
To provide more context, originally when we host these, we do so online via FaceBook Live. This matters to us because we can get some live feedback on thoughts of others as we share. It allows the conversation to take a more natural flow and this is the format we’ve done so far.
So take a listen and share your thoughts with Jeremy and myself. We’d GREATLY appreciate it! As for tomorrow, we’ll supply the Q&A format we used instead where we’d also love to hear your thoughts!
Terrance.Blount@gmail.com @Terrance_Blount and Jeremy Thompson @ImaHockeyGuy